divine

plastic wads

Anything shotgun related

Re: plastic wads

Postby AuldNick » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:18 pm

As an engineer just looking at a plastic "wad" tells me that this has to be the biggest advance in cartridges since paper, it screams low cost / high tech, I doubt there would be enuf heat to melt the plastic at ignition as pressure would do the launch from the rear of the cartridge long before the burn arrived and even the longest barrels wouldnt create friction / heat that quick.

I have been lucky to shoot at Bisley and invited twice to compete in the ASSAM shoot @ Barry Buddon so I can shoot BUT was allways poo @ pistols and my shotgun aint that much better so I would be lying to say I could notice any difference between plastic and fibre on how many birds or clays I hit BUT just perhaps the folk that "test" and report on anything from cars to cartridges might be swayed by the manufacturers to sell the product with the biggest profit?

What really scunners me is seeing spend cases left to rot, lazy bastards them.
AuldNick
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby robgal » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 pm

AuldNick wrote:What really scunners me is seeing spend cases left to rot, lazy bastards them.

Theres nothing as bad as that, one of my permissions has a roosting wood for pigeons,and it took me and my mate an hour when we first went there lifting other peoples spent cartridges :mad:
Worked out to be in our favour though because when we showed them all to the farmer he told the other people with permission not to come back,so we have all the shooting :grin: :grin:
robgal
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Rowley Birkin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Simple rule really:

out in the field - fibre wads
out on the clay ground - fibre/plasic (your or their choice)

ALWAYS pick up!

;)
Well I was very, very drunk
Everything I post is entirely fictional.
Rowley Birkin
Hunter
Hunter

Previous

Return to Shotguns