divine

Beretta 1301 Extension magazine tube query.

Anything shotgun related

Beretta 1301 Extension magazine tube query.

Postby nagantino » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a new guy. I've used shotguns for many years....Trap, Sporting, wood pigeon and Cowboy Action, but I'm about to get into IPSC Practical Shotgun. I've a Beretta 1301 on the way, this week maybe, so I only have to wait for the amendment to my FAC to begin. I wanted to buy some bits and pieces now though. The magazine extension tube is proving a bit of a trial. The Beretta 1301 has a 24 inch barrel so I want the extension tube to be flush with the end of the barrel so which extension tube would be suitable, +5, +6, +7 or which?
nagantino

Re: Beretta 1301 Extension magazine tube query.

Postby GHE » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Why not ask Beretta?
You certainly don't want it to stick out past the end of the barrel, it will get very hot and dirty.

If it's any help, I have a Benelli M2 in 10 shot, with a 26" barrel, and the barrel sticks out an inch or so past the magazine tube.
God is not on the side of the big batallions, but on the side of those who shoot best - Voltaire
GHE
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Beretta 1301 Extension magazine tube query.

Postby nagantino » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Well, I persevered on it and ordered a Nordic +5 which is 11 3/4 inches long. It comes flush to the end of the barrel so I'm happy. Many of the sellers do not explain fully which length to select. Midway USA explains it, giving the capacity you require +5,+6 etc, but crucially gives the length ot that particular tube. Simple ehh
nagantino

Return to Shotguns