Switch to full style
Anything shotgun related
Write comments

What's your choice of hearing protection for shotguns..

Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:05 am

Not for my benefit you understand, coz the Revd Mrs Tommo is about to take the stage and begin her shotgun lessons. Trouble is she's not sure what she wants...!! :Facepalm: She's tried the traditional cans, and I have a pair which go around the back of your neck (and over your ears, obviously..). I have asked her if she'd prefer active or passive cans.. she's not sure..!!

I must have at least six different types in the house. From cheapo Aldi actives, Peltor passives, Radians actives, which I got for a steal at Bass Pro, and MY set of Peltor SportTac - she ain't getting them..

So guys, any suggestions??

Re: What's your choice of hearing protection for shotguns..

Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:31 am

I use Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic ones... they've served me very well over the past few years - excellent battery life and very comfortable.

If money was no object? Custom CENS, probably.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:27 am

I have a set of MSA Sordin electronic cans. Very good. She probably ought to try mounting the gun with a few different sets. The best cans in the world are going to be no help if they get knocked off each time she shoulders the gun

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:58 am

I have the Howard Leight's too, and they are very good. I had a set of moulded plugs made by Custom Fit Guards at the last GB Shooting Show, and they are also very good, although if I have to be honest they are no better than the Auritech ear protectors.

I really like the Auritech units, and they don't get in the way either which is often the case with the Howard Leight's.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:04 pm

I have just had a fitting for some of the custom Cens, with any luck they will be delivered next week.

At the moment I use standard Peltor, they do the job ok

Mike

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:43 am

I use electronic ear protection at the time of the shooting and use it for six years. I bought it from Big Ear Inc. the company provides complete safety to versatile shooters.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:14 am

aAt a clay ground ear defenders on the farm nothing

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 am

humperdingle wrote:I use Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic ones... they've served me very well over the past few years - excellent battery life and very comfortable.

If money was no object? Custom CENS, probably.

I listen to the name of the earplugs and some of my friends use them.
Thanks
Write comments