divine

change the safety on a browning gold hunter

Anything shotgun related

change the safety on a browning gold hunter

Postby Wingspmcc1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:43 am

I've just changed the safety on a browning gold hunter to suit a leftie. Since there is very little written I decided to say how it's done.
A) remove the trigger mechanism from the gun by tapping out the 2 holding pins on the receiver. The pins can be removed from either side. The mechanism will then drop out.
B) on the right hand side there is a recess with a v shaped metal clip in it. On the other side of the mechanism there is a identical hole. Remove the clip (it will go in the other side. But not yet)
C) with th clip removed and the safety of. Pull the trigger. A lever will spring forward. That ok.
D) the safety button can now be remove.
E) in the recess on the right hand side there is a small metal pin. Push it out and put it in the recess on the left side.
F) put the safety button back in, but reverse it so that the red is on the right side.
G) remember earlier I got you to pull the trigger and a lever sprang forward. Cock it back. Move the safety to on and pull the trigger. It shouldn't release tbe lever. Now move the safety to off and pull the trigger. It should release the lever. Repeat until satisfied that it works.
Now relocate the metal v clip to the left recess , recock lever and reassemble.
Take outside and test. Good shooting.
Wingspmcc1

Return to Shotguns