divine

Viking arms S.O.S need a stock/info

Anything shotgun related

Viking arms S.O.S need a stock/info

Postby slak » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:10 am

Recently came across a Viking arms S.O.S and could use a little help. Im in BC, Canada and have never seen one before and it took me awhile to even figure out what it was. When I did find out, there wasn't much of anything on the net about it. What I did find out about it was that it was distributed by Viking arms and possibly made by fabarm or mabey benelli? Also i'm pretty sure it is not in its original stock. So I guess im wondering if anybody knows much about this shotgun and could possibly point me in the right direction and/or if anyone knows where one would find a original or repro stock new or used. It is a 12 bore/mag 3" semi-auto. I believe the original butt stock and forend are wood and it is a pistol grip.
any help/info would be appreciated.
slak

Re: Viking arms S.O.S need a stock/info

Postby normanb » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:25 pm

Slak I have contact at Viking Arms that I will ask . Viking have imported and distributed a number of different guns over the years some as agent some as a single batch ,so do not hold out to much hope of a successful answer .
normanb
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby slak » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Normanb, Thanks that would be great. I did drop them an e-mail mostly pertaining to the stock and they replied that they did not have any (i'm suprised they replied at all). Its funny I thought this post would be flooded with responses because one of the few articles I did find on this gun suggested that they were plentiful in the UK and even still in service with some police agencies. Also this shotgun appears in some FPS video games leading me to believe that they at least had some popularity somewhere.I found one pic here http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=S1067+++3313+&refno=+++59752&saletype= one of only a few pics I've seen. Would love to find that stock.
slak

Postby flintlok » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:29 pm

That an odd look shotgun and new to me. If all else fails perhaps you could have an Remington 870 pistol grip stock fitted to the gun.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby normanb » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:16 pm

The gun was made by Fabarm according to my contact at Viking . Best suggestion is date the gun from the proof marks and look for a Fabarm stock of the same period . My mate could not say how much difference there is between the newer guns and the older ones as Viking is no longer the agent since Fabarm was taken over by Guerrini so it could be worth comparing new to old .
normanb
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby slak » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Normanb,

Thanks for the tip, gonna drop fabarm an e-mail and see where that goes. If nothing pans out with fabarm I will probably either make one or have one made. Recommend any repro-stock makers? Or any suggestions where else I could look for a new/used one? The forums I normally use here (canadiangunnutz) have no answers.
Was hopeing these were common elsewhere.
slak

Postby normanb » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Fabarm no longer exist as a company as they were taken over or amalgamated with Gurenni , so I would not hold out to much hope of a favourable response
. Question is , is the gun really worth having a stock made for it ? Lets be honest they were never the best of guns so unless you can either get a stock that will fit or be able to make one yourself you could end up paying out far more than the gun is worth . Your money your choice but personaly I would be thinking of another gun .
normanb
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby wildrover77 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:49 pm

I have a viking arms SOS. If I can be of any help I will.

I could take my stock and get it duplicated?
wildrover77
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby normanb » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Yes no problem if you can fined some one to do it and are prepared to pay what it costs .
normanb
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby slak » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Wild, sent ya a PM.

Normanb,
Actually got a hold of someone at Fabarm there checking the serial right now. But your probably right I dont think its gonna yield much.
slak

Postby wildrover77 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 am

Slak. Got your PM but forum wont let me reply please send an email address.
wildrover77
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Asher » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Not sure if they're any use, but there's a couple of composite pistol-grip Fabarm stocks for sale on the UK site Gunstar at the minute.
Asher
Rifleman
Rifleman

Return to Shotguns