divine

Webley and Scott Bolt Action

Anything shotgun related

Re: Webley and Scott Bolt Action

Postby Sidebyside » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:26 pm

leadpig wrote:
Sidebyside wrote:
leadpig wrote:
hungryrob wrote:Good wee guns, worth around £50 in good order. The shop is taking the piss...

not any more bud the prices have rocketed in the last few years :hmm:,i have seen them sell for £150 and some are for sale at £200+ :shock: :shock:
if you see any at £50 buy them and sit on them :thup: :thup: :thup:

There are some on Guntrader for £50 , only a fool would pay £150 plus for them .

Possibly but thats what decent 3 shots are going for.
There are 3 over £200 on guntrader at the minute

Sorry Dave I assumed you meant the single shot .
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Hornet 6 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:13 am

I have been looking for one for a while now, a 200 mile trip last week and I found 8 or 9 in about the same number of shops.
None were better than 80% condition, and prices ranged from £75 to £200, the best value one was £90 but even then it would need a re-finish if your fussy.
I personally would pay a premium for a really good one, as close to new as is possible, even better would be a new in box one, and there are a few about.
Local shop had a 3 shot deluxe new in box a couple of years back, it sold for a small fortune.

As for buying a wreck with no bolt handle, not a chance, the root of the bolt knob is also one of the two locking lugs.
(locking lug loose would I think take it out of proof = illegal to sell)
They are I believe silver soldered originally.

Neil. :)
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:02 am

aye i have given up on them now,i had one years ago when they were selling for around £50/60 and wanted another,but the prices went silly over a period of 18 months :? :? .for what you would pay for a decent one now you could get a s/s,o/u or a decent air rifle,which is what i did ;)
apparently they suffer from bolt problems,the safety did not work on mine so i took it back,and another rfd had one with a bust bolt sat in the scrap bin.
unless the rest of the gun is mint and it is only the knob that has come off i would not bother
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Hornet 6 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:12 am

How much would I pay, £250 for an as new one, maybe :oops:
I was given one as birthday present in 1968, brand new, like a prat I traded it in 2000, knew I had done the wrong thing before I got home.
As soon as I got home I called the shop to buy it back and was told sorry, it's gone :Facepalm:
I have looked for another ever since but never found a decent one.

PS: How can the safety fail :?
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Hornet 6 wrote:How much would I pay, £250 for an as new one, maybe :oops:
I was given one as birthday present in 1968, brand new, like a prat I traded it in 2000, knew I had done the wrong thing before I got home.
As soon as I got home I called the shop to buy it back and was told sorry, it's gone :Facepalm:
I have looked for another ever since but never found a decent one.

PS: How can the safety fail :?

no idea bud,it was not me who noticed it :worried:,i was using it at a clay ground with some success i may add ;) :thup: ,and someone else asked to have a look/go,it was they who told me the safety was fecked and the stock was cracked so i took it back the the shop :kill: .the safety moved on and off but did not do anything to stop it firing :thdn:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Jack Ferguson » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Well folks went to the shop as planned and in the end decided not to get it... my brother(the person who would of been welding it) advised against it so decided not to get it. While we were there we purchased "200" rounds of ammunition but when we got home we realized one of the boxes that was sold to us had been opened and 35 rounds from it were missing. So in actual fact we had paid for 200 rounds but only received 165. That will teach us for not opening the boxes to see if they were full. We never went back to the shop to complain as we obviously would have no proof but we will be making sure they are full next time. :thdn:
Jack Ferguson
Hunter
Hunter

Postby leadpig » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Jack Ferguson wrote:Well folks went to the shop as planned and in the end decided not to get it... my brother(the person who would of been welding it) advised against it so decided not to get it. While we were there we purchased "200" rounds of ammunition but when we got home we realized one of the boxes that was sold to us had been opened and 35 rounds from it were missing. So in actual fact we had paid for 200 rounds but only received 165. That will teach us for not opening the boxes to see if they were full. We never went back to the shop to complain as we obviously would have no proof but we will be making sure they are full next time. :thdn:

bad move,go back and ask if they are taking the piss,why the hell should you inspect the boxes when you buy them they are not eggs ffs :lol:
take them back and polity inform them,chances are it is a genuine mistake ;)
if not ask them WHY exactly cartridges are missing from a box,you may end up with more than was missing :grin:

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Jack Ferguson » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:00 am

The only reason i didn't go back is because what if the owner asks for proof? I wouldn't have any and i would think he could just tell me to get lost....
Jack Ferguson
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Fenrir » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 am

If someone has been stealing ammunition, somebody needs to know who it is and why.

You need to go to the shop and tell the owner and possibly the police as well.
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Judge Ali » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:50 am

Fenrir wrote:If someone has been stealing ammunition, somebody needs to know who it is and why.

You need to go to the shop and tell the owner and possibly the police as well.

Absolutely.

You may not have proof but any decent shop owner will give a customer the benefit of the doubt. Plus where has it gone? If there are 35 rounds amiss then who has them and are they legally entitled to hold them? If shop owner does tell you to get lost then you know to never go back and let everyone you know who shoots not to bother with that shop either.

You don't have to have proof of a crime to report it that's what the police are meant to establish.

Good shout on not buying the gun as well. It sounds overpriced and not in great condition.
Judge Ali
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Jack Ferguson » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:38 pm

Ill give him a phone today to make him aware. I was thinking maybe he had been testing some guns and mixed up the box with full boxes which then resulted in it being sold to me.

Yeah i am glad i never bought it now :thup: :thup:
Jack Ferguson
Hunter
Hunter

Postby crazyfrog » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:42 am

magnum3 wrote:bought one for my father 50 years ago when he went shooting with us ,it was lucky if it fired a box of cartridges in that time just sold it recently after I re-blued barrel and refurbished stock it has been well used by a young lad when he goes out rook shooting with his father, I was offered £75.00 many years back as a trade in,i paid £7 10shillings back in 1963 great little gun

It was me that bought the .410 from Wullie, my lad can use it under my supervision and shoots well with it. The beauty of the single shot is that my lad can only shoot one cartridge at a time so has to try and use the shot wisely, but it is also better from a safety aspect etc...... A good little gun.......
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
NRA RCO, Fullbore, Smallbore, Gallery Rifle
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby GHE » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:16 am

I used to shoot a 3-shot one, years ago.
The trouble with them is that they tended to be left in barns, for use on rats and pidgeons, didn't get cleaned and it was difficult to find one in good condition, even back then.
God is not on the side of the big batallions, but on the side of those who shoot best - Voltaire
GHE
Hunter
Hunter

Postby waterford103 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:20 pm

I've got one you can have for a reasonable price an d a bagfull of cartriges -- pm me
waterford103
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Jack Ferguson » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 am

Sent :thup:
Jack Ferguson
Hunter