divine

Browning 325

Anything shotgun related

Browning 325

Postby Delta Tubs » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Hi chaps thanks for the warm welcome to the forum :thup:

I am a total novice and newbie :Facepalm: and I know you get asked so many questions as to what's best etc. I have a chance to purchase a Browning 325 12g ,grade 1 I think, for a reasonable price. This is in as new condition with very little use and stored with a RFD for many years , now I'm only going to shoot clays up too three times a month just now but would love to do a bit of bird shooting when I'm experienced and more confident It come with different chockes what would be best for clays? I have tried to do some research but I really didn't realise just how much there is to understand!! So many cartridges to choose from :? So I would like your views on the gun if you dont mind.I think it's not suitable for steel shot? So I would need to get some thing else for birds then??

Thanks for your patience :thup:
Delta Tubs
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: Browning 325

Postby Delta Tubs » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:46 am

I have done the deed and bought the Browning :grin: Going out on Sun to try and shoot some clays :) :thup:
Delta Tubs
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Delta Tubs wrote:Hi chaps thanks for the warm welcome to the forum :thup:

I am a total novice and newbie :Facepalm: and I know you get asked so many questions as to what's best etc. I have a chance to purchase a Browning 325 12g ,grade 1 I think, for a reasonable price. This is in as new condition with very little use and stored with a RFD for many years , now I'm only going to shoot clays up too three times a month just now but would love to do a bit of bird shooting when I'm experienced and more confident It come with different chockes what would be best for clays? I have tried to do some research but I really didn't realise just how much there is to understand!! So many cartridges to choose from :? So I would like your views on the gun if you dont mind.I think it's not suitable for steel shot? So I would need to get some thing else for birds then??

Thanks for your patience :thup:

you only need to use "non lead" shot,of which steel is an option on wildfowl.
so depending on which "birds" you intend shooting you may only need to use lead :thup:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Delta Tubs » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:04 am

Thanks for that Buffy.i was referring to wildfowl but have since found that the barrels are chromed so steel shot ok :)

Tried it out yesterday for the first time and it was ace it feels like a new gun even though it's nearly twenty years old and Dave at seals cove reckon its as new.I think it was made for me I certainly hit a lot more clays :grin:

:thup:
Delta Tubs
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Hornet 6 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:40 pm

The 325 would be my top choice, so well done.
Chrome barrels does not = ok to use steel, check the proof marks.
If it's a multi choke one the tubes may be marked as steel proof, at least the ½ choke or bigger will be.
It should on the other hand be ok with steel clay loads, just not full strength fowling loads of heavy shot.

Neil. :)
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Shotguns