divine

Awaiting Licence

Anything shotgun related

Awaiting Licence

Postby Delta Tubs » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi there I'm a newbie here. I have applied for my SGC and have had a visit from the FAO which went well. I was asked a couple of question,do you drink,any mental problems. I was also asked how much experience I have handling and shooting shotguns. He is coming back next week to check my gun cabinet as it had just arrived and is now fitted so hopefully will have my ticket soon :grin:

I intend to get a couple more lessons at Seals cove,had one there recently,and look to purchase a shotgun soon.i was lucky enough to shoot at Gleneagles last week which was ace. I'm sure we shot with a Baretta 686 12g 28inch which I felt really comfortable with so Im thinking I might go down this route. I am right handed but left eye dominant I managed 36 out of 50 which I was pleased with.

Hoping to pop into Anderson Guns soon for a look and see what they have. I will predominately using the gun for clays but I have a friend of a friend who has an estate in Perthshire and have been given the nod to shoot there but I'd rather gain more expireince before attempting this and only with a more expireinced shooter.

Any thoughts on the 686 as a ll round gun as I probably will only purchase once any advice will be great fully received.

I hope to contribute more as I gain expireince and hopefully may see some of you locals at Seals cove :thup:

Tubs.
Delta Tubs
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: Awaiting Licence

Postby humperdingle » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:15 pm

The Beretta 686 is a nice gun, mate... I had a 686s briefly. I say briefly, as It just didn't fit me and I couldn't hit much with it compared to my previous gun (Beretta Urika).

If you can find one that fits you and you're comfortable with, it'll serve you well.

S/H models always hold their value, too :thup:
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Sounds like a decent plan. Watch your wallet!! :grin:
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Delta Tubs » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks for the replies gents. I hope to maybe try a few guns out to see what suits me.ive just had a garage clear out sale to fund my first one :)

Tubs.
Delta Tubs
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby hungryrob » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Trying a few guns is a good idea... I find that the cheaper they are, the better... The stuff that comes out the front is all the same...

Fit is more important than cost :)
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Delta Tubs » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:46 am

Well i had my Gun cabinet inspection last night and all is wel :thup: So i should have my ticket in a couple of weeks. All very painless :grin:
Delta Tubs
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby shotgun sam » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:26 am

welcome to the forum
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
CZ 455 22 Lr/17 Hmr
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
shotgun sam
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby TheSquire » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:31 am

Delta Tubs wrote: All very painless :grin:

Until the shooting starts and that hole in your bank balance appears ..... :grin:
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target.........
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." General John Sedgwick
TheSquire
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Ray7756 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 am

Delta Tubs wrote:Well i had my Gun cabinet inspection last night and all is wel :thup: So i should have my ticket in a couple of weeks. All very painless :grin:

Good luck hope everything goes well :grin:
Ray7756
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Tommo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:03 am

hungryrob wrote:Trying a few guns is a good idea... I find that the cheaper they are, the better... The stuff that comes out the front is all the same...

Fit is more important than cost :)

Very wise words and so very true. :thup: :thup: :thup:
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth...

NRA qualified RCO.. and all-round good egg :)
Tommo
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Ageing Manxman. Formerly of Southport, now back home in the Isle of Man

Postby Langsdorff » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Delta Tubs wrote:Well i had my Gun cabinet inspection last night and all is wel :thup: So i should have my ticket in a couple of weeks. All very painless :grin:

I'd be interested to know how long it takes you to get your SGC from the date you submitted your application to the day you had your certificate in your hand. I submitted my application in late September and I'm still waiting on 10th. December! No complications at all in my case, in fact it would be hard to construct the blueprint of a safer applicant. And that's in an area where they're supposed to be quick!

Good wishes. Stay safe and have fun.
Langsdorff

Postby plugg » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Langsdorff wrote:in fact it would be hard to construct the blueprint of a safer applicant.

Could you elaborate?

I dont think there is one living soul on the face of this planet that your statement could apply to.
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Les » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Going just off thread slightly. I recently mislaid my SGC :oops: & despite searching high n low, even taking the cabinet off the wall in case it'd dropped down the back, couldn't find it. Called the FEO who said ' No problem, just send cheque for £8 with covering explanation' then just four days later the duplicate dropped thru' the box :thup: . Just have to ask him now how to go about having the guns written onto this cert as its blank.
Les
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Don't worry, the licensing office should know exactly what you have.
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Les wrote:Going just off thread slightly. I recently mislaid my SGC :oops: & despite searching high n low, even taking the cabinet off the wall in case it'd dropped down the back, couldn't find it. Called the FEO who said ' No problem, just send cheque for £8 with covering explanation' then just four days later the duplicate dropped thru' the box :thup: . Just have to ask him now how to go about having the guns written onto this cert as its blank.

The last SGC replacement I got had the currently-held guns printed on the front page.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next

Return to Shotguns