divine

Clay Shooting Abedeen

Anything shotgun related

Re: Clay Shooting Abedeen

Postby Viperteks » Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am

Welcome to both of you! :thup:

This amazes me about 'shooting sports' they are almost the best kept secret, most newcomers have no idea where that can shoot or even where the shooting grounds are, plus almost every Fullbore Club I know is full to bursting and memberships are on 'hold'. :oops:

It's almost a underground sport, yet one of the most tightly regulated and legal pastimes in the UK.

Years of bad press and negative ill-informed public opinion has not helped our sport! I am only glad forums like this exist to spread the word and knowledge as well as bringing knew members into this fabulous sport!

I have never taken anyone shooting who hasn't massively enjoyed it, it's impossible not too! :thup:

As Kevin (Beer Hunter) said, there is no requirements to be met for a Shotguns Certificate (unless you are a habitual criminal). I would apply as soon as possible, then when you know what gun you want - you can get it immediately! :grin:

Enjoy 8-)

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Gleedaniel13 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi Fez,

Unfortunately, I am not at Aberdeen but I think I can help you by my suggestion. Just search for clay shooting on the internet and look for the websites there that there is a map. Then look for the map if that places are near to you then I think you can go for it. It is very enjoying when you are in shooting sports.
Gleedaniel13

Postby Beer Hunter » Fri May 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Gleedaniel13 wrote:Hi Fez,

Unfortunately, I am not at Aberdeen but I think I can help you by my suggestion. Just search for clay shooting on the internet and look for the websites there that there is a map. Then look for the map if that places are near to you then I think you can go for it. It is very enjoying when you are in shooting sports.

Spammer from the Philippines.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby mr smith » Fri May 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:
Gleedaniel13 wrote:Hi Fez,

Spammer from the Philippines.

Kev.

Nice of him to make the effort though. :grin:
Dundee rifle and pistol club
mr smith
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fez » Wed May 22, 2013 9:54 pm

I took the advice of Neil and Dave at Seals Cove and applied the SGC stating I do not intend to purchase straight away. Had the local fire arms officer round 4 weeks later, very nice chap who interviewed the wife and I (she also applied),mno trick questions just stuff on safety which were common sense and asked about the guy who countersigned as he was not a judge or doctor etc. explained he was a professional sales manager with a solid career and he said should not be an issue. Heard he called the guy a few days later and had a nice chat. Anyways when he left said he didn't see any issues and should see the SGC within 2 weeks....... 2 days later he called again and dropped a DVD of for us to watch and return and shotgun safety. Need to return that and ask where the SGC is now as those 2 weeks are up on Friday.

All in all so far a great experience both from the lessons at seals cove, advice recieved is Stella and local police officer was decent chap. Didn't even accept a cuppa. He did mention a clay ground opposite Drum Castle garden center, anyone know that one ??????
Fez

Postby Beer Hunter » Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 am

Congratulations :) The process is nothing to be afraid of is it :)

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Fez » Thu May 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Well the wife's SGC was on the mat this morning, you can imagine the joy she has had rubbing that in all day. Fingers crossed mine will arrive tomorrow ........
Fez

Postby Fez » Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 am

And now my SGC has arrived too......... Have to the process is easy, nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide and the support and advice from Dave and Neil and seals cove and Anderson's guns was spot on. The fire Arms officer was a pleasure to meet too and offered nothing but advice and encouragement.
Fez

Postby Beer Hunter » Sun May 26, 2013 6:08 pm

You should have been at Seals Cove today - roasting hot, no wind and only a few people there, so no waiting at any stand :)

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Fez » Sun May 26, 2013 9:55 pm

I wish ...... Unfortunately been off work 2 weeks now with glandular fever so no fun to be had until this shifts. Just my luck to be stuck on the sofa while the weather is so nice.
Fez

Postby CalumMacDonald » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:08 pm

Afternoon All,

I just came across this thread after trying to find a shooting ground in Aberdeen. I am from Argyll and was a member of a clay target club locally and I was looking to get shooting up here too as I have recently moved up.

From reading the previous posts i'll need to give seal's cove a go! Just wondering if anyone knows of any clubs that have regular shoots? back home I was out shooting near enough every weekend with an annual membership to my club and out shooting on private land.

Other issue is my shotgun is currently back home due me staying in a rented flat and I don't think my landlord would be happy with me bolting a gun cabinet to the floor and wall..... are there any clubs that would also offer gun storage?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.
CalumMacDonald

Postby MikeAI » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Nearest club that holds regular competition may be Auchterhouse Country Sports depending where in the NE you are. There is also a club either Moray way or possibly on the Black Isle that shoots competitions.
In the Year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland - starving and outnumbered - charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom
MikeAI
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Cobbie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:39 pm

I can see this is an old post (originally ) and I'm not Sure if this is any good to you . but near aviemore on rothiemurchue estate there is clay shooting with instruction I shot their on New Year's Day very good set up and caters for all abilities .
Cobbie

Previous

Return to Shotguns