divine

Non Toxic loads

Anything shotgun related

Non Toxic loads

Postby The_Dogge » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:39 am

I stumbled across this http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/19822198 which says that lead poisoning is still a significant problem for british waterfowl.

I haven't shot waterfowl myself, but some people I know say they were very disappointed by the performance of non lead ammo, so much so that they were tempted to use lead. Another issue is that they were shooting over ponds in a wood where they shot phesants with lead shot anyway! Is the current legislation which focusses on species rather than location (as I understand it, is that right?) actually having the effect it was supposed to?

What is the best non lead shot factory loads available? I read somewhere that UK proof houses wont approve really high velocity steel which is better, is that true that we cant get the best non toxic loads in the UK?
The_Dogge
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Non Toxic loads

Postby Kenny » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi
I just started this year shooting wildfowl and under the law over the foreshore you have to use non toxic. So I use steel with 34gram and I have no complaints. I was able to hit the mark and bag the goose
Kenny
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby leadpig » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:18 pm

not everywhere
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:17 am

another ill thought out law,implemented with no logical "get out" clause where pheasants,partridge,crows etc etc can be shot over land where there is a pond,stream,lake but wildfowl,on the same land has to be shot with non lead loads :thdn:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter