divine

Damascus barrels

Anything shotgun related

Re: Damascus barrels

Postby gunner269 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Tim, I tried to send you a PM but for some reason I'm not able to. Thanks for your info, it was very useful. Thanks again- Paul.
gunner269

Postby rob norton » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:07 pm

What a load of nonsense this is!
Quite simply, I have a bonehill of Birmingham 30" damascass gun dated 1887, it has both black powder and later nitro proofed marks at the Birmingham proof house to the full spec of 3 tons 1 1/8th ounce aka 32grms. And has been using such loads as Eley VIP 30grms for 25 yrs!!
After speaking to the senior proofmaster at the Birmingham proof house in the uk, he informs me that if it has passed nitro proof it is safe to fire modern nitro shells of 2.5" regardless of what some bunch of know all wanna be (expert) hillbilliys on this forum think. This comes from a senior position of authority on the matter, not what someone has been told from another or others think. Simple story is If you dont know 100% for sure what you are advising then keep quiet !!! As you know nothing on the subject!!!
rob norton

Postby flintlok » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Nice intro........ :roll: :roll: :roll:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gun nut » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Welcome aboard! :Facepalm:
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby TheSquire » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:33 pm

rob norton wrote:What a load of nonsense this is!
Quite simply, I have a bonehill of Birmingham 30" damascass gun dated 1887, it has both black powder and later nitro proofed marks at the Birmingham proof house to the full spec of 3 tons 1 1/8th ounce aka 32grms. And has been using such loads as Eley VIP 30grms for 25 yrs!!
After speaking to the senior proofmaster at the Birmingham proof house in the uk, he informs me that if it has passed nitro proof it is safe to fire modern nitro shells of 2.5" regardless of what some bunch of know all wanna be (expert) hillbilliys on this forum think. This comes from a senior position of authority on the matter, not what someone has been told from another or others think. Simple story is If you dont know 100% for sure what you are advising then keep quiet !!! As you know nothing on the subject!!!

As neither you nor your expert or even the original poster know for sure if the shotgun is nitro proofed from this thread, your little rant is a bit pointless. If you bothered to read the replies most them said the best thing to do was check with an expert.
If you want to join to exchange insults there are plenty of other places you can go to do that.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target.........
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." General John Sedgwick
TheSquire
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to Shotguns