divine

European Reloading Supplies Companies

Ammunition reloading for centerfire or shotgun
Forum rules
Shooters using reloading info and load data in this forum do so at their own risk. Check all loads with printed, commercially available reloading manuals and NEVER exceed maximum powder weights. The board/forum accepts NO liability for accidents! Be careful!

European Reloading Supplies Companies

Postby Jubbles » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:28 pm

A possible sticky here, I appreciate there is a reloading links sticky but it is entirely UK based and as the sites are all in English don't require explamation or assistance. So to start off I give you

http://en.strobl.cz/bullets-s-b-caliber ... mj-2903-1/

£7 a 100 S&B .223 55gr FMJ
Jubbles
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: European Reloading Supplies Companies

Postby libensvolenspotens » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:20 am

I read on another forum that it is possible to purchase expanding missiles (bullets) in Europe and receive it through the post whilst it is illegal to do so from a UK source.
Anybody have any knowledge of this?
Seems strange yet which part of firearms legislation isn't?
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:17 am

One of the forum members has done some research on this.

Many EU countries cannot export reloading components to the UK without having an export licence. From memory this includes Luxemburg and France.

A supplier was found, in the Czech Republic I believe but the carriage costs were high.

As regards S5 expanding bullets you may need to check whether you need an import licence to bring them into UK.

It's unlikely that you will make savings unless you buy in bulk and that then turns you into a dealer!
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby Jubbles » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:46 am

No disagreements there however so long as you are falling within the law of the country you purchase them in their is no issue with brining components back. Given many of us travel to EU countries on holiday and business having a repository of links could be very useful as the EU treaty of free movement of goods allows us to bring any quantity we choose back to the UK (so long as we fall within local laws).

Locking ourselves out of our nearest, biggest, cheapest market on the basis that they have different laws would be mad, we just need to understand and fall within those laws.

I am travelling to the Czech Republic soon and providing it is lawful to do so I intend to have some components delivered to my hotel. Easy savings.
Jubbles
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby thibben » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:01 am

Gents

It all boils down to what you do as in individual is your own responsability - ignorance of any law is no defence.

If the CZ importer of an American ITAR item e.g. bullets, chooses to sell them to you pretty well knowing you're going to take them out of CZ then he is breaking the law, he would have filled in and sign an end user statement to obtain the original US export perimt. It clearly states that the item would not be re-exported.

Yes, you can tap into supplies from other countrys and bypass UK retailers, some need to be bypassed, others are trying to make a living and supply a good service - which is hard to do when agreements each distirbutor makes in each country is simply ignored. Then we wonder why our high streets are filled with charity shops and estate agents? :Facepalm:

T
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
thibben
Hunter
Hunter

Postby waterford103 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Buy stuff in Europe and bring it back or get it posted , it's no problem . Don't exceed your limits on your FAC , enter on ticket or don't - it's up to you . Stuff bought in Europe and brought back here is not imported , after all we're Europeans - aren't we?
waterford103
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:33 pm

thibben wrote:Gents

It all boils down to what you do as in individual is your own responsability - ignorance of any law is no defence.

If the CZ importer of an American ITAR item e.g. bullets, chooses to sell them to you pretty well knowing you're going to take them out of CZ then he is breaking the law, he would have filled in and sign an end user statement to obtain the original US export perimt. It clearly states that the item would not be re-exported.

Yes, you can tap into supplies from other countrys and bypass UK retailers, some need to be bypassed, others are trying to make a living and supply a good service - which is hard to do when agreements each distirbutor makes in each country is simply ignored. Then we wonder why our high streets are filled with charity shops and estate agents? :Facepalm:

T

Yeah, it's very easy to get wrapped around the ITAR axle. I wish that agreement never existed as in includes many sporting items that were not supposed to be part of the intent of the treaty. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Deallad » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:28 pm

I often buy 22lr in France.

The problem is you are restricted to 2 boxes, just make sure the 2 boxes contain as much as possible!

You have to look at the deals though then you can make a saving.

I bought 1000 Winchester wild cat for £35-00

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
Marlin 39a 22 & 336 in 30-30win
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Remington 700 Police LTR 223 S&B 5-25X56 PM11 P3 FFP
Accuracy Int AXMC 300 Win Mag S&B 5-25x56 PM!! P4F FFP
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Deallad » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Here is one in France, its about 20 mins from Calais so ideal for a day trip.

http://regis-proix.fr/

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:59 am

Jubbles wrote:A possible sticky here, I appreciate there is a reloading links sticky but it is entirely UK based and as the sites are all in English don't require explamation or assistance. So to start off I give you

OK, I risked and order with these people for a couple of boxes of bullets for a 45/70 (not S.5) and I've just received a call to pay, vie email. The trouble is, I haven't a clue about how to make the payment! Any ideas?

Edit:

Now sorted. When you include the transfer fees (£10) and all the buggeration involved I am not sure that it is quite the bargain that it first seemed. Not that it was a purchase made for price alone, but for bullets I haven't been able to find here.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Cam » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:24 pm

Shootist wrote:
Jubbles wrote:A possible sticky here, I appreciate there is a reloading links sticky but it is entirely UK based and as the sites are all in English don't require explamation or assistance. So to start off I give you

OK, I risked and order with these people for a couple of boxes of bullets for a 45/70 (not S.5) and I've just received a call to pay, vie email. The trouble is, I haven't a clue about how to make the payment! Any ideas?

Edit:

Now sorted. When you include the transfer fees (£10) and all the buggeration involved I am not sure that it is quite the bargain that it first seemed. Not that it was a purchase made for price alone, but for bullets I haven't been able to find here.

A client of mine uses TransferWise to make international payments. On March 3, a payment of 342 euro cost him £1.32.
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Deallad » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Just placed an order with these guys

http://www.shooting-supplies.eu/
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Deallad » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:46 pm

CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Hornet 6 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:42 am

I bought the expanding missiles for my 7.62x39 from a USA seller, no issues as far as the US is concerned, and royal fail even managed to deliver them without loss.
The contents of the package was clearly marked on the customs forms so nothing underhand, when I enquired the permission to acquire on your FAC is good enough for import permission.
I only did it because nobody over here had anything lighter than 150 grains, which I could not get deer legal without running very hot.

Neil. :)
Last edited by Hornet 6 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Deallad » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:05 am

Another one for the list, bought 22lr and 30-30win last week.

Look for special offers, particularly on bulk buys

Did not want to see any paperwork other than to prove age. Was flattered as I'm 52!

Hold lots of ammo in stock, big car park

5 mins from Calais port

http://www.terreseteaux.fr/

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR