divine

Night vision Monocular

Don't buy cheap glass!

Night vision Monocular

Postby 247sniper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:58 am

Hi guys,

Im looking for a night vision monocular to be used with my Nite Site for shooting rabbits and rats in the dark.


What would you recommend as this is a new sort of thing (Night shooting) to me and im not sure whats good and whats crap.

What would you recommend or what do you guys use.

Cheers all

Steve.
User avatar
247sniper
Moderator
Moderator
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Isle Of Man

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby hungryrob » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:04 pm

247sniper wrote:Hi guys,

Im looking for a night vision monocular to be used with my Nite Site for shooting rabbits and rats in the dark.


What would you recommend as this is a new sort of thing (Night shooting) to me and im not sure whats good and whats crap.

What would you recommend or what do you guys use.

Cheers all

Steve.

I'd recommend that you speak to CLive. There are sooo many dodgy tubes and deals out there for NV it's a minefield!!

Go to a reputable dealer
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
User avatar
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9141
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby marko389 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Steve
I've got a HW 100 with NS50 I've attached a link to Youtube for you to see how good it is for yourself. Not cheap but effective. You can also get NS 200 for rimfire the 50 means 50 yards vision the 200 means 200 yards vision. Hope this helps. Marko (chevalierhunting)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXV6ESI_2VA
marko389
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:32 pm

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby Hornet 6 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Pulsar Recon 750 user here, very happy with it.
I came to the conclusion that the monocular and a decent scope mounted lamp for the actual shot was the best option
for me, having tried a few rear end add ons, including the mini D vision which I was very disappointed with.

Neil. :)
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:42 pm
Location: Rochford Essex

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby flintlok » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:35 pm

I use a Pulsar N550 with a aftermarket double lens. The newest iteration of the scope is the Pulsar N750. It has a built in zoom so the doubler isn't as necessary. I haven't played with the 750 so I don't know all that much about it. This Youtube clip illustrates there capabilities nicely. The onboard illuminators are minimalist IR light sources. You really need to get a stronger light for distance shooting 40 to 50 yards plus or so. I like these Pulsar products because the are day and night vision scopes. In very bright light I use the integral doubler lens cover with a pinhole aperture. The scope isn't cheap but rats would be fish in a barrel at reasonable distances. The IR lamps light up their beady little eyes like head lamps.

The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
User avatar
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Moderator
Moderator
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 14535
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 am
Location: Tiverton, RI, USA

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby crazyfrog » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 am

Bushwear selling a digital handheld monocular with optical zoom for £169.99, I bought one the other day...
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
NRA RCO, Fullbore, Smallbore, Gallery Rifle
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 11:03 pm
Location: Fife, Central Scotland

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby 247sniper » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:23 am

Hi guys,

I bought a set of Pulsar Recon N750, highly recommended by Hornet 6. All i can say is that I am very impressed and they work great.

I will do a review on them in some detail in the next few days along with a review on the Night master 800 with the HD white LED torch with the IR head too.

Cheers guys
User avatar
247sniper
Moderator
Moderator
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Isle Of Man

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:25 am

247sniper wrote:Hi guys,

I bought a set of Pulsar Recon N750, highly recommended by Hornet 6. All i can say is that I am very impressed and they work great.

I will do a review on them in some detail in the next few days along with a review on the Night master 800 with the HD white LED torch with the IR head too.

Cheers guys

shooster bought one of these about 3 weeks ago and he seems impressed with it :thup:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
User avatar
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:14 pm
Location: pontefract west yorks

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby 247sniper » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:36 am

Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:
247sniper wrote:Hi guys,

I bought a set of Pulsar Recon N750, highly recommended by Hornet 6. All i can say is that I am very impressed and they work great.

I will do a review on them in some detail in the next few days along with a review on the Night master 800 with the HD white LED torch with the IR head too.

Cheers guys

shooster bought one of these about 3 weeks ago and he seems impressed with it :thup:



They are very good fella :thup:
User avatar
247sniper
Moderator
Moderator
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Isle Of Man

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby 1066 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:58 pm

I've been pleased with my cheep and cheerful £69 Aldi special.
Here's a bit of video recorded on an old Sony handicam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_T3_T_MTk

And here's the same scope mounted on my .22 semi-auto
Image
1066
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby Clive Ward » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi Guys,

As 1066 and other have said, if you want a cheap OK spotter then there are far better priced and similar performing things out there than the Pulsar Recon 750 because they all use similar optics and the same rather low resolution 320x240 eyepiece display. We don't stock the Recon 750 because of this low resolution display. It really doesn't have a place being in a product at this price point and really limits clarity.

The only digital spotter worth considering if you want a very nice image is the Pulsar Recon X870 which has a full 752x582 OLED display to match the camera. The X870 is about 5x the resolution of the 750!

It also has the advantage of easily being able to attach a T20 IR onto the side of it via a 25mm weaver mount ;)


Cheers





Clive
http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk
High end night vision digital, tubed and thermal monoculars, rifle scopes, clip ons, add ons, IR Illuminators and accessories.
Clive Ward
Trade Member
Trade Member
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby 247sniper » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Clive Ward wrote:The only digital spotter worth considering if you want a very nice image is the Pulsar Recon X870 which has a full 752x582 OLED display to match the camera. The X870 is about 5x the resolution of the 750!

It also has the advantage of easily being able to attach a T20 IR onto the side of it via a 25mm weaver mount ;)


Cheers

Clive



The Recon X870 should be a better unit, it's nealy 3x the price of what I paid for a new Recon 750 :shock: and I bet it's not a 3 x better unit!
I can also add my LightMaster 800 IR to the N750 to improve its performance. :)
User avatar
247sniper
Moderator
Moderator
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Isle Of Man

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby Clive Ward » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:30 pm

247sniper wrote:
Clive Ward wrote:The only digital spotter worth considering if you want a very nice image is the Pulsar Recon X870 which has a full 752x582 OLED display to match the camera. The X870 is about 5x the resolution of the 750!

It also has the advantage of easily being able to attach a T20 IR onto the side of it via a 25mm weaver mount ;)


Cheers

Clive



The Recon X870 should be a better unit, it's nealy 3x the price of what I paid for a new Recon 750 :shock: and I bet it's not a 3 x better unit!
I can also add my LightMaster 800 IR to the N750 to improve its performance. :)


I don't know Steve. The difference in image quality between the displays is pretty significant. But no it won't do 2 or 3 times as much but it will let you see things with 5x the resolution. :grin:

I've been put off of the 320x240 displays for long range viewing. I personally don't think they are up to the job. Great if you are getting on with it though. :thup:


Cheers





Clive
http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk
High end night vision digital, tubed and thermal monoculars, rifle scopes, clip ons, add ons, IR Illuminators and accessories.
Clive Ward
Trade Member
Trade Member
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby shooster » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:
247sniper wrote:Hi guys,

I bought a set of Pulsar Recon N750, highly recommended by Hornet 6. All i can say is that I am very impressed and they work great.

I will do a review on them in some detail in the next few days along with a review on the Night master 800 with the HD white LED torch with the IR head too.

Cheers guys

shooster bought one of these about 3 weeks ago and he seems impressed with it :thup:


Actually Nigel, I didn't, I went to buy one but instead I ended up buying g a different one. I ended up buying a bushne equinox Z 6x50. I had both Bushnell and the pulsar 750 side by side testing them out in the dark and in my opinion the Bushnell is better, clearer picture, easier to focus and quite more simple to use. Good battery life also. And with the pulsar you can't use the weaver attachment and the hand strap at the same time.
Reminton 700 vs 22-250 in HS prescision stock with reflex T8 mod.Leupold 6.5x20x50 LR scopes
Remington 541-s sporter custom. with richter optics scopes.
NE500LR night vision add on.
shooster
Rifleman
Rifleman
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Night vision Monocular

Postby Krissse » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:01 am

I used Solomark to shoot silent animal activity videos. This Night Vision Monocular is very cheap and suitable for newcomers like me.
Krissse
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:55 am

Next

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests