divine

BSA Martini International MK V

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

BSA Martini International MK V

Postby Calfed » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:56 pm

Years ago I won a Mk V at an estate auction. It came with sights, but after shooting it a few times I put it away and never fired it much.

Image

Recently I began shooting a weekly smallbore match at my range...alternating weekly between 50 and 100 yards. This caused me to pull my smallbore target rifles out of the safe and begin shooting them. So far, I've used my Winchester 52's.

I recently glommed a Lyman 20X Super Targetspot and decided to try the Lyman on my Mk V. I zeroed the scope at 50 yards and did some ammo testing.

This rifle loved everything--even the cheap CMP black box.

Image

Image

@ 50 yards...

Image
User avatar
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:12 am
Location: The Left Coast

Re: BSA Martini International MK V

Postby Les1066 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:15 am

The old BSA's are still a force to be reckoned with. It's just a shame that they get overlooked because they are 'too old to be any good'.

Still, it keeps their price down for those of us who know better! :grin:
User avatar
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:47 am
Location: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown!

Re: BSA Martini International MK V

Postby Calfed » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:38 am

Les1066 wrote:The old BSA's are still a force to be reckoned with. It's just a shame that they get overlooked because they are 'too old to be any good'.

Still, it keeps their price down for those of us who know better! :grin:


Were there early scopes in Great Britain that used the scope blocks and external adjustable rings?
User avatar
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:12 am
Location: The Left Coast

Re: BSA Martini International MK V

Postby Les1066 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:32 am

Calfed wrote:Were there early scopes in Great Britain that used the scope blocks and external adjustable rings?


There were probably a few of the very long scopes around, but I think most people just used open sights.
https://www.google.com/search?q=very+lo ... 66&bih=608
User avatar
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:47 am
Location: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown!

Re: BSA Martini International MK V

Postby bilbo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:28 pm

Calfed wrote:
Les1066 wrote:The old BSA's are still a force to be reckoned with. It's just a shame that they get overlooked because they are 'too old to be any good'.

Still, it keeps their price down for those of us who know better! :grin:


Were there early scopes in Great Britain that used the scope blocks and external adjustable rings?

Parker Hale sold the target scope. I have one, still boxed.
bilbo
Pea shooter
Pea shooter
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Re: BSA Martini International MK V

Postby Keef » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:11 pm

I've gone through a few BSAs as I've cut the barrels off and machined them to fit the Ruger 10/22.

They are a good way to get an accurate barrel.
Deleted by an Ex Mod
User avatar
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Moderator
Moderator
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 12608
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Re: BSA Martini International MK V

Postby Calfed » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:50 am

Keef wrote:I've gone through a few BSAs as I've cut the barrels off and machined them to fit the Ruger 10/22.

They are a good way to get an accurate barrel.


Damn!

Image
User avatar
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:12 am
Location: The Left Coast

Re: BSA Martini International MK V

Postby Calfed » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:53 am

I used my Martini MkV in a 50 yard small bore match. 5 rounds in each target. Wind was variable, 5-6 mph, from about 9-1 o'clock. Target at the bottom is the sighter target. Two upper are the record targets.

Image
User avatar
Calfed
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:12 am
Location: The Left Coast


Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deallad and 24 guests