divine

Northern Shooting Show

Pretty much anything shooting related

Northern Shooting Show

Postby Coldfinger » Sun May 08, 2022 5:16 pm

It’s been a bit quiet on here recently so here’s a ‘what I did on my holidays’ type post

I went to the Northern Shooting Show today with a few of the guys from the club.

This has been the second shooting show (forgive me if I’m wrong) since the end of Lockdown with the other being at the NEC in Birmingham in March.

NEC entry was £25 with £18 for parking

Northern Shooting Show entry was £15 with free parking

I didn’t go to the NEC but my friend did.

The show at Harrogate was smaller than the last one there, with only two halls in use instead of the three used before. The immediate impression was that the width of the aisles was much more generous i.e. there were a lot fewer exhibitors.

I had ordered an air pistol for collection at the show but they had brought the wrong one so no sale there. :(

We wanted .303 ammo for the club but none available but we did get a deal on some .38’s. However large pistol primers were available but they weren’t cheap :shock:

It was good to see North Yorks, Manchester, Cumbria and Lancashire police there for licence variations and enquiries.

As usual the ‘tweed’ wearing set were there but no so many of those seemingly born without chins. We didn’t see any of the usual airsoft crowd dressed as if they had just been airlifted into Helmand but, for the life of me, I cannot understand why people walk round a show as if they had just stepped out of the forest in full deerhunter mode when they have no intention of hiding between the exhibition stands.

We left with cider in our bellies, targets and pellets for the air gunners, some reactive targets for the .22 shooters, and bullet heads.

So, overall, a little disappointing but everywhere is still recovering from Covid. I heard that the organisers have changed and stand prices have been jacked-up but there were, I’m told, more stands there than at the NEC, so a bit better value for money. Today was a bit quieter than yesterday, said one exhibitor, but he didn’t feel that the weekend had been a bad one.

I hope to be at the show next year, if it’s on and I can go, and maybe things may be more back to normal. We had a laugh, met some friends, the weather was good and, overall, was a nice day out.

CF
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Northern Shooting Show

Postby flintlok » Sun May 08, 2022 5:53 pm

I like the cider part. I've been to several gun shows in the US since Covid cleared and we can gather again. The shows always feature more expensive items than I could just by on the net or at least I find no bargains. I wanted to buy packages of targets of 100 sheets each. The shows had single target at $0.50 each or $50 per 100. I can buy them at half of that price on line. I did buy an AR 15 stock at a show however at market price. I don't believe that attending the shows are worth the effort other then looking at other people's stuff. I do visit a nice German restaurant near the showplace that has German Spaten larger on tap. It's just a short walk from the hotel where I stay. I get the 20 ounce boot the evening before the show that make the show well worth attending in the morning. The food's not bad either.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to General Shooting Topics