divine

JDR Guns - future

Pretty much anything shooting related

JDR Guns - future

Postby JDR » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:41 pm

The new year will see some major changes for JDR Guns.

First of all, I’m having a total clearance sale. 45% off everything non-restricted I have in stock and 30% off metallic ammunition.

Please note: shotgun ammunition, powders and primers are *not* part of the sale.

The sale starts right away, so take a look and grab what you want while it’s still there.

Here’s why I’m doing this.

Shooting supplies is already a very narrow market in this country and it will come as no surprise to learn that the upheavals of the pandemic have made this even trickier for small operators like me.

In a couple of years, I’ll be 60, meaning I'll officially be an old git. I’ve therefore decided to have a change in direction and devote my time and energies to something with slightly broader appeal that allows me a certain creative freedom.

There will still be an RFD here at West Raynham but visits will be appointment-only and, other than certain reloading consumables like powders and primers, I won’t be carrying any stock. What I’ll be building is going to need the extra space!
The phone number will remain the same for those needing RFD services but the JDR GUNS name and website will disappear within the next few weeks and be replaced by something else.

So, what’s coming instead?

Well, you’ve probably seen some of my model work on here. I’m going to launch a new website devoted to realistic miniatures, visual effects and probably also sales of raw materials to those who like to create their own.
You’ve probably also seen some of my videos. Those will continue – on a wider range of topics - and I’ll go on doing pyrotechnics, realistic miniatures, videography and other such effects as required.

I’m officially on leave until 11th but will be periodically checking messages. It’ll be first come, first served for the sale, so act fast if there’s something you want from the site.

Best means of contact for now is email: jon@jdrguns.com
JDR
Trade Member
Trade Member

Re: JDR Guns - future

Postby flintlok » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:07 pm

Best success on your new endeavor. Alas, in the US, reloading components especially primers are scarce and, if and when, found are very expensive. I can't understand why anyone is still shooting. Even percussion caps are simply unavailable. Thankfully I shot flintlocks and there's loads of spark generating stones.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: JDR Guns - future

Postby JDR » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:58 pm

Thank you very much; I'm sure it will be fun even if it isn't a moneyspinner right out of the gate.

I was only chatting about shooting in the UK with a pal who came over this afternoon. It seems, in Norfolk at least but I suspect elsewhere too, to be so darned flat at the moment. Nobody is quite sure when they're going to be ambushed by Covid and we're also having trouble getting onto military ranges because of... eeesh... any number of reasons. Often the services need them so we can't get on there. Fair enough but it just makes it that bit harder to shoot.
JDR
Trade Member
Trade Member

Return to General Shooting Topics