divine

Any comments on the Alc Baldwin filmset shooting?

Pretty much anything shooting related

Any comments on the Alc Baldwin filmset shooting?

Postby Andy.I » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:46 pm

Does anybody have any comments or observations on this unfortunate incident where Alec Baldwin shot a camera woman with a pistol supposed to have been loaded with a blank round?

I know it's early yet and facts need to be established but as co-producer and the guy who pointed the gun at her I can't see how he is going to avoid some blame. What do you guys think?
"Everything not invented by God is invented by an engineer." HRH Phil the Greek.
Andy.I
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Any comments on the Alc Baldwin filmset shooting?

Postby Sidebyside » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Never ever let your gun
Pointed be at anyone .

I always make it policy to make sure any gun I handle is unloaded except when it is actually in use .

IMHO Baldwin should carry the can for this unfortunate incident , I would not take the word of someone else without checking myself , Just giving my thoughts about it :)
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:31 pm

The TV in the US in not providing much information on the particulars of the shooting. Baldwin has been a critic :lecture: of gunowners in the US. Perhaps if he took some time and trained on firearms safety :rtfm: a quick inspection would have shown the gun was loaded with live ammo. I guess that he'll be virulently antigun now. He screwed up and someone died. It's something that he will have to ponder for the rest of his life. It's better it's him than me. RIP Halyna Hutchins.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Coldfinger » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:14 am

Lax gun safety by the sounds of it - real gun, live rounds, no real control of firearms… a recipe for disaster
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby libensvolenspotens » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:06 pm

If he had attended an NRA safety course rather than rambling on about gun control the incident would never have happened.
No one should be handling a firearm without a basic understanding of its operation and the risks involved. ALL firearms are loaded until proven otherwise!
If he did not have the knowledge to check whether or not the firearm was loaded then he should not be allowed to handle it.
There was gross negligence involved in this matter, particularly the armourer. However Baldwin was handling the firearm and pulled the trigger!
In the UK I would say guilty of manslaughter not sure of the American system.
If however investigation determined a motive then even murder might be considered.
Whichever it is a big pay day for American Lawyers.
libensvolenspotens
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby GHE » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:24 am

At the end of the day, Balwin must be in the wrong because he handled a gun dangerously.

But, there must be much more to it than that because

There was no need for a prop gun that was capable of firing real ammo to be there
There shouldn't have been any live ammo on site
The code of practice should have been followed
The person responsible for site safety should have made the incident impossible to occur

So, Baldwin carries the main responsibility but other people should have made it impossible in the first place
God is not on the side of the big batallions, but on the side of those who shoot best - Voltaire
GHE
Hunter
Hunter

Postby RosaZeeb » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:59 pm

GHE wrote:At the end of the day, Balwin must be in the wrong because he handled a gun dangerously.

But, there must be much more to it than that because

There was no need for a prop gun that was capable of firing real ammo to be there shouldn't have been any and how to get rid of moobs live ammo on site. The code of practice should have been followed. The person responsible for site safety should have made the incident impossible to occur

So, Baldwin carries the main responsibility but other people should have made it impossible in the first place

You are right, the gun was handled very dangerously.
The highly trained shooter is always better to handle a gun.
RosaZeeb

Return to General Shooting Topics