divine

Ammo and Reloading Components Shortages & Prices

Pretty much anything shooting related

Ammo and Reloading Components Shortages & Prices

Postby flintlok » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:27 pm

Have you felt the ammo shortages or reloading components shortage yet in the UK. I know that you are limited by permit as to what you can buy. That's not an issue in the US but I'm beginning to wish it were. Everything in the way of ammo and reloading components is being completely bought up. There are very few to no primers available in the gun stores. What primers are available are being scalped on Gunbroker for 10 times their value. Powder is double to triple the cost and sometimes higher on Gunbroker. There's little to no powder in the gun stores. I don't know why anyone would want to buy a gun now as there's no cartridges. The buyer typically limited to one box of shells to go with the new gun if there are any shells available. The ammo manufacturers are operating 24/7 and they have no inventory. It's shipped within a day or two of manufacture. It's absolutely a strange time in the US. We don't need gun laws limiting stuff as it's not available anyway. I have enough ammo and reloading components to get by. I haven't bought powder and primers in over a year and it looks like it will be another year before I can do so. :( :( :( :(
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Ammo and Reloading Components Shortages & Prices

Postby mathspete » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:53 pm

It's very difficult to get out to the shops whilst we are in lockdown, my local gun shop has only been open for about 2 weeks since last march. If you order by phone and book a time you can be served at the door. Apart from that I think I've only fired about 20 shots in anger to lower the local fox and roe deer populations. I got to the range once when we were allowed to, to satisfy a Christmas gift bought by a mate for his son in laws we got through a few 100 rounds that I had prepared or bought in for the 22semi auto. I haven't needed to try and buy anything otherwise. I have about 3 to 400 rounds ready for all my centre fire rifles and enough powder and bits to make 2 to 300 more for each, unless I get chance to have a weekend target session that will last me for several years. If I want to have a plinking session with the 22's I have about 1000 rounds which will last a couple of minutes :thumbs: so I don't really know if we have a shortage or not yet. We cannot order reloading bits through the post, so I will check my powder stock and order if necessary to be collected once gun shops are allowed to reopen.
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:58 am

Pete, you're in worlds better shape than a new gunowner in the US. :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Sidebyside » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:43 am

flintlok wrote:Pete, you're in worlds better shape than a new gunowner in the US. :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Get rid of Biden and his crony's , do gooders are of little use to the shooting fraternity :kill: :kill: :kill:
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Sidebyside wrote:
flintlok wrote:Pete, you're in worlds better shape than a new gunowner in the US. :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Get rid of Biden and his crony's , do gooders are of little use to the shooting fraternity :kill: :kill: :kill:

Biden and his group as the best guns and ammo sales people ever in the history of mankind. They cheated their way into the White House by scamming the system when the changed US election law via the courts bypassing the state legislatures where the actual election law regulatory power lies. Time magazine recently published an article that verifies this https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/ . It's strange that Time would do so as it's very liberal. I guess that they are bragging. Nonetheless, Congress is all barbed wire and fence in and protected by thousands of National Guard troops. If I had a job like that where that type of security is needed I would be asking myself what am doing wrong that has some many upset. I worked in a gold processing plant and although we had security to a much lesser degree I never felt insecure. Alas, I'm not looking for a revolution, I'm looking for some reloading components and a case or two of 7.62X39 for next summer's shooting on the range all at a reasonable price. I can find neither thanks to the meatball in the White House.

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to General Shooting Topics