divine

Can anyone explain help me?

Pretty much anything shooting related

Can anyone explain help me?

Postby joshita » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:18 pm

"It called on all applicants to be subjected to a mandatory medical examination as part of their application - and said doctors should be under a duty to record gun ownership and, critically, alert the police to any relevant deterioration in health."

What "deterioration in health" would constitute a reason to revoke or refuse to grant an FAC? A mental issue I can understand, but what of a physical issue?
joshita

Re: Can anyone explain help me?

Postby Shootist » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Think mental health. There are many illnesses that can affect mental health that are relevant to firearms owners. There are also quite a few mental health issues that seem to affect firearms licensing officers, such as paranoia, a detachment from reality, dyslexia (when it comes to understanding the law) a superiority complex, and occasional bouts of compulsive lying.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Les1066 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:43 pm

I can't really think of any thing that would exclude a person from having a firearms certificate - health wise - other than mental health issues. We have several shooters at our club who are wheelchair bound, and others with various physical disabilities, but they all have a FAC with no issues. ;)
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:08 pm

I think Parkinson's disease, Alzheimers, possibly multiple sclerosis, while classed as diseases have mental health issues.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to General Shooting Topics