divine

Devon rangers shooting club?

Pretty much anything shooting related

Devon rangers shooting club?

Postby GaryS » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:49 pm

Do they still exist? there website was updated this year, but i notice they are not on the map on this forum. have sent them an email enquiring about joining but have no reply yet. Anybody a member? or have any information? any help greatly appreciated. thanks!
GaryS

Re: Devon rangers shooting club?

Postby TheSquire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 am

Sorry I cant help with this inquiry but I have never had much luck in emailing any gun club. I am sure there will be some who do respond but I have yet to find one.
If you know where they shoot, pop along and say hello.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target.........
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." General John Sedgwick
TheSquire
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby GaryS » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:28 pm

thanks for the reply Squire, unfortunatly the only method of contact given on the website is an e-mail address. I have no idea of where they shoot although from what i gather the range is very close to where i live. I know nobody who shoots and was hoping to join the club as an entry into learning the ropes and getting a license. bit foxed really :? all i can do is hope somebody eventually gets back to me!
GaryS

Postby TheSquire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Are there any local gunshops that might know?
They often have good contacts for obvious reasons.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target.........
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." General John Sedgwick
TheSquire
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby ratters » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:48 pm

They shoot at two ranges. I live in North Devon so might be able to help if you tell me approimately where you live. Or send me a PM
ratters

Postby GaryS » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:10 pm

sent you a pm ratters :thup:
GaryS

Postby jsangel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Do you mean the Tamar Rangers?

We shoot at Parracombe on Exmoor to 100 meters and at Millpool on Bodmin when Landmarc wants to play ball :(

The members are a mixed bunch with wide experience and have been very welcoming to me. :)
Some people have very expensive gear and others have odds and sods, club guns are available and plenty of members are happy to let others try their guns.

We have just had a "Colonial Day Shoot" which involved black powder pistols, running Tigers etc.. :grin: Great fun indeed :grin:

If you want to contact them message me and i will pass your details on.
jsangel
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby GaryS » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:43 pm

hi jsangle, thanks for the reply! i have heard of the Tamar rangers and could be interested although i looked at the meeting times and they would be hard for me to keep to.
"The Devon rangers" are supposed to be located in braunton and have a webpage but you must be a member to log in. They apparantly have a range here in Braunton. I have a couple of clubs to contact but would like to see what the devon rangers have to offer first if poss.
GaryS

Postby 38Super » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi Gary

I know this is a bit late but I'm wondering if you have managed to get hold of Devon Rangers yet?

I got hold of them back in August and sent them a membership form but I've heard nothing since and haven't had any response to emails.

I believe from reading elsewhere that they shoot on Sundays. Pm me and I can give you directions to their range.

Rob
38Super

Postby Percyennett » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:30 am

What is the Devon Rangers Shooting Club? The club was established in 2006 and has grown to be one of the largest shooting clubs in Canada. We teach beginner through https://budgiebasics.com/ advanced levels of marksmanship, using various firearms including rifles, shotguns, revolvers and pistols.
Percyennett

Return to General Shooting Topics