divine

Swedish Mauser M96

Any powder burning sales including black powder etc
Forum rules
Trade with care!
Here are the rules for posting and trading in the sales and wanted sections – click me
Posting in the sales section is a confirmation that you have read and accepted the rules.

Swedish Mauser M96

Postby Jubbles » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:44 pm

Price £550

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/mauser-m96-bolt-action-6-5-mm-rifles/rifles/1061602

This is an excellent example of a M96 Swedish Mauser, made at Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Aktiebolag. All Swedish Mausers, were fabricated using a Swedish-supplied high grade tool steel alloyed with nickel, copper, and vanadium, a product then noted for its strength and corrosion resistance.

This is an all parts matching rifle that is one of only 18,000 produced in WW2 as part of a Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), these rifles make up a mere 2.4% of total Swedish Mauser production (750k). As a CMP rifle the rear sight is graduated from 100m with 50m gradients which allows for far more accurate shooting at all distances.

The barrel and rifle as a whole are in excellent condition, before I purchased the rifle I strongly suspect it was never fired or issued because:

- The rifle has no stock disk indicating issue to any unit, likewise the rifle and it's stock condition indicate that it was never handled outside of being placed in a box.
- The barrel was squeaky clean when I purchased it (I did a white pull through and it came out white)
- The rifle was purchased by the RFD from an estate where it had sat in a box for several decades (assumingly having been sold as surplus at some point in the Cold War).

The rifle is very accurate, with VV N165 and PPU 139gr heads the rifle achieves 1-2inch groups at 100m consistently when using a scope.

Also for sale:

- an Addley Precision No-Tap and Drill Scope mount which replaces the rear sight. It is missing one screw which can be easily replaced. £75

- a BadAceTactical No-Tap and Drill Scope mount which replaces the rear sight (Does not work with Civilian Marksmanship Program model rear sight) £50

- Vortex Crossfire II 2x7x37 Scout Scope
- 300 x PPU 1-3 times fired cases £35
- 50 x Norma once fired cases - £10
- 55 x Lapua unfired cases - £11
- 52 x Lapua once fired cases - £7.80
- 26 x RWS once fired cases - £4
- 200 x 139gr unknown manufacturer moly coated HPBT - £30

Free with the rifle
- A rifle slip
- 65 x 140gr Sierra matchkings
- 16 x 139gr Moly coated LAPUA HPBT
- 48 x ?gr HPBT