divine

There are just two sorts of people (Deep)

Anything goes - within reason.

There are just two sorts of people (Deep)

Postby Shootist » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Possible a 'difficult' subject so I thought I'd try it out here before putting it to a wider audience.

Tribalism!

The two types of people are 'Us' and 'Not us', the latter also being known as 'Them'.

Latterly, this is most obvious in the matter of race. In the past it has been religion. But it exists at all levels. In many mining villages it was traditional that most fights started with the words "You're not from round here." In human history it is regrettably easy to think of examples. When pondering the subject further I realised it is also rampant in the animal world. Think Meerkats. Many other 'social' groups also go to great lengths to attack the 'theme'. Chimpanzees being a classic example.

I am of the opinion that this is so ingrained in the human psyche that it will be impossible to eradicate it. What might be achieved is co-existence, but this, by definition, recognises and confirms the difference rather than pretending it could be overcome and cease to exist. The hopes for a universal 'coffee coloured' world humanity seems just a hopeless fantasy. When John Lennon wrote "Imagine" he really just proved he had no bloody idea.

Can anyone be arsed to give some thought to this?
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: There are just two sorts of people (Deep)

Postby Sidebyside » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:22 am

Even in children this exists , local schools have a rivalry within their pupils , villages towns and areas within the towns have a rivalry . racism will never be eradicated it is an impossible goal . Racism is more predominant now than it ever has been and will erupt at some point . Humans are very protective of their areas and of their own blood relatives unless of course religion steps in and honour killings in certain groups is carried out . :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: I also believe racism is brought about more because of the ethnics trying to change our way of life in this country to suit theirs than the actual skin colour they have .
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to General chat