divine

Still here!

Anything goes - within reason.

Re: Still here!

Postby mathspete » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 pm

Hope you get well soon, so I can visit you and Keef down in Derby. Sounds you had an epic road trip,but you got home. So well done, and keep taking the tablets, I can thoroughly recommend tramadol with several whiskies for a trip to cloud cuckoo land.
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:45 am

Why haven't I posted much? If you have the patience I'll explain.

Late 2017 they tell me I need a prostrate operation but I'll need to have a catheter fitted as there's six month wait for the op. Four urinary tract infections later they do the op. Out of the four infections one put me in hospital for a week another in hospital for four weeks. Still the prostrate was bored our and all was well. Actually it wasn't. Three weeks to the day after they bored me out I had a stroke.

This destroyed part of the vision in my right eye and as time passed I realised that it had also affected my memory and hand writing. But not to worry as I wasn't going anywhere but hospital again, this time with Discitus which is an infection in the spine. This time I was in hospital for three months while they tried to find an antibiotic that worked. They were also concerned about the infection spreading to my heart so I had cameras put in every orifice in the body. A camera inside to look at the heart is not an experience I'd recommend!

I was on crutches when I came out and then had to convince DVLA that I was safe to drive with the loss of vision.

I'm still using one crutch and I'm limited in the time I can stand for. Shooting seems to be limited to benchrest, I haven't tried any of the gallery rifle disciplines yet.

Did I mention I fell over a rake at the club and ended up with oedema in both legs? Then I got shingles which I'm still suffering nerve pain from, they tell me this could last a year or more.

As I said I still have a pulse so it could be worse. Getting old is a bitch but I don't like the alternative.
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby Sidebyside » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:05 am

Apart from all that everything is 100% :shock: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: Pleased to know you're still around to tell us about it :thumbs:
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:54 am

bloody hell and i thought i had problems :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:41 am

I fell off my bicycle and did a serious body slam four weeks ago. It was painful but aspirin helped. I can't imagine my outcome if it were a motorcycle. You're worlds braver than I am to climb aboard such and infernal machine. Old men heal slowly. Take care of yourself. Life's nothing without your health.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:47 am

Please take care of yourself Shootist. Life's nothing without your health and there's few enough members on Shootforum as it is. Get well and stay safe. :) :) :)

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Sidebyside » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:39 am

flintlok wrote:I fell off my bicycle and did a serious body slam four weeks ago..

And I thought we'd had an earthquake :die: :die: :die: Hope you're not turning into one of the many lycra louts we see on the roads these days :shock: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried:
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:21 pm

Sidebyside wrote:
flintlok wrote:I fell off my bicycle and did a serious body slam four weeks ago..

And I thought we'd had an earthquake :die: :die: :die: Hope you're not turning into one of the many lycra louts we see on the roads these days :shock: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried:

No lycra for me. Just shorts and a tee shirt. I'm the anti-fasion statement on a bicycle. I always wear a helmet though. :grin: :grin: :grin:

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:45 am

flintlok wrote:Please take care of yourself Shootist. Life's nothing without your health and there's few enough members on Shootforum as it is. Get well and stay safe. :) :) :)

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Motorbikes are better than pushbikes. When (if!) I go, I don't want to go halfway and then have to wait for the rest. (Mind you, it's starting to feel like I'm chipping away at life bit by bi!) :lol:
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gun nut » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:03 pm

Bloody hell can all you oldies stop trying to kill yourselves! You lot are the only thing keeping the forum alive!
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Sidebyside » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:13 am

gun nut wrote:Bloody hell can all you oldies stop trying to kill yourselves! You lot are the only thing keeping the forum alive!

Didn't realise you were :shock: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :grin: :grin:
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:43 am

anyone still in touch with any of the old school posters, perhaps a quick encouraging message to let them know we are still here, inbetween trying to kill yourselves of course :clap:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 247sniper » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:49 pm

It’s a shame, as it is/was a cracking forum in its day. Just a shame nobody posts here any more :roll:

I’ve get several reviews to do write ups on, my new FX impact, with all the tune and load data, fx chronograph review, scope reviews but bit pointless wasting my time to write a detailed review for me to be the only one to read it again later :lol:
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:44 pm

I think that the Groups on Face Book have taken over much of what used to be discussed on Forums.
In fact Face Book has taken over general discussion, for good or bad? For bad in my opinion, it has far too much influence that isn't justified.
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby Shootist » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Keef wrote:I think that the Groups on Face Book have taken over much of what used to be discussed on Forums.
In fact Face Book has taken over general discussion, for good or bad? For bad in my opinion, it has far too much influence that isn't justified.

There seems to be very little actual discussion on Facebook. What little there is mainly consists of "I'm having the last word in this thread if it kills me" game or 'witty' one liners with no substance or logic. The forums seem largely condensed into echo chambers where dissenting voices are disposed of by lifetime banning orders (And I should know. Banned from every mainstream police forum for daring to suggest that 'the police' might be anything less than practically perfect, and from a few shooting forums for daring to respond to personally offensive posts by the teacher's pets.) Oh well.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General chat